February 29 - March 3, 2016
Participants have three track options at this church planting training: Church Planting Essentials (CPE) and Churches Planting Churches (CPC). Additionally, there will be Certified Trainer (CT) training before and after this event.
Church Planting Essentials is church planting "basic training." It is ideal for church plant pastors. The materials were created by Dynamic Church Planting International, based upon years of working in mission areas where the church is expanding rapidly. It is 3 full days, and teaches how to:
- Organize and refine your vision, purpose, strategies, and timeline early, so that you have a clear plan for the future.
- Use Biblical principles for church planting in everything you do.
- Recognize and avoid common church planting "land mines."
Churches Planting Churches is church sponsorship 101. It is ideal for pastors of sponsoring churches. It was also developed by Dynamic Church Planting International and lasts 3 days. The sessions in this training equip you to:
- Answer fears and objections to church planting
- Determine the involvement of the mother church
- Find resources needed to fund the daughter church
- Overcome common barriers in the new work
- Recruit a church planter and leadership
- Create your own personalized V.I.P. (Vision-Involvement-Plan)
In addition to these training tracks, there is Certified Trainer training that equips and certifies participants to re-teach the materials in their local context. It is provided at no extra cost. Those wishing to be certified must attend a session before their track begins and another session when their track has finished. Certified Trainer training is identical for both tracks and need only be taken once.
Location & Lodging
San Diego Mission Church of the Nazarene
4750 Mission Gorge PL
San Diego, CA 92120
$35 (Includes registration fee and three lunches; course materials included free of charge)
Certified Trainer Training: Monday, February 29 from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
CPE/CPC: Tuesday, March 1 - Thursday, March 3 from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm each day
Hotel information can be found on the Point Loma Hotel Partnership Page.