This video was shot on the final day of a 2012 Church Planting Essentials training at Salem First Church in Salem, OR. Download this video.
CHURCH PLANTING TRAINING
- Church Planting Essentials (CPE) - Basic training on starting a new church. Three-day training. Sample schedule.
- Churches Planting Churches (CPC) - How to sponsor a church 101. Three-day training. Sample schedule.
- Mentoring Church Planters (MCP) - Trains mentors to coach, shepherd and supervise church planters. Three-day training.
- Church Planting Movements (CPM) - A church planting movement is a fast-growing movement of churches that takes place within a people group or segement of population. This is a training for the equipping of movement leaders. Two-day training.
- New Church Dynamics (NCD) - Providing practical tools to implement systems for growing a dynamic, missional church. Three-day training.
- Organic Church Course (on the Discipleship Place)- The Nazarene Organic Church Network is an association of missional communities within the Church of the Nazarene. This association of missional communities identify with the biblical mandate to love God, love others, and make Christ-like disciples. To take this course visit this webpage.
These trainings were created by Dynamic Church Planting International (DCPI) and adapted for Nazarene use. We have selected this training system based on several factors:
- Low Cost: DCPI gives away the materials for free and so do we. The standard registration fee for a 3-day training is $35, which covers three lunches and the course materials.
- Personalized Plan: Participants spend the trainings clarifying their vision and committing it to paper. Presentations are made at the end of training.
- Empowers Local Leadership: There are free certification sessions before and after the trainings which certify participants to re-teach the materials. Leaders from different regions or ethnic groups can be certified, and then go back and re-teach the materials in their local setting.
- Reproducibility: An advantage of empowering local leaders is their ability to spread the training more quickly and thoroughly than a centralized source. More trained church planters means more new churches, which means more people following Jesus.
Most of the trainings include free certification sessions before and afterward, 4 hours each. These sessions teach the DCPI system, give hosting tips, and at the end certify participants to hold their own training event. Certification is crucial to decentralizing our training system, and is highly recommended if you want to raise up church planters in your own community. Sample schedule.