Native American Ministries
Welcome to Native American Nazarene Ministries USA/Canada
Click here to view members of the Native American Ministries Strategic Readiness Committee
Native American Ministries Strategic Readiness Team Meets
The Native American Ministries Strategic Readiness Team met April 15 - 16 at the Bethany First Church of the Nazarene in Oklahoma City. Pictured with Robert Hodgson, Multicultural Ministries Director are members of this committee from left to right. Jonathon Nells, Herman Nells, Lesonya Brown-Singer, John Nells, Julian Gunn and Matthew Asetamy. The "Native American Strategy for Evangelizing Native Americans" is available by clicking here. This document is being reviewed and will be available and updated in time for M15.
Dr. John Nells, Native American Ministries Director is accountable to the Multicultural ministries USA/Canada regional office and his primary function is to implement the agreed-upon policies and strategies for evangelism and strengthening of existing structures on the various districts of the Church of the Nazarene. This is accomplished through:
- Arranged meetings with district superintendents and district leaders to help formulate and implement church planting strategies.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to churches and pastors who express a desire to sponsor culture specific congregations.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to culture-specific congregations that express the need for consultation in leadership development.
- Recommend potential pastors for new and existing congregations.
- Assist district superintendents, when requested, in the development of strategies for new initiative among specific people groups. Please feel free to contact Dr. John Nells regarding Native American Ministries. BIO
Native American Ministries Facilitator
Native American Ministries: “exists to support districts, pastors, local churches, and leaders in the task of making Christlike disciples among Native American groups in the U.S. and Canada.” It also endeavors to:
- Encourage the development of strategy, initiative, and resources to reach the USA/Canada mission field through the visionary leadership of a Native American Mission Director and Strategy Committee
- Facilitate the creation of resources for pastors, local congregations, and for ministerial preparation through the strategy committee;
- Utilize as strategy committee members, church leaders who are committed to establishing the Kingdom of God in the hearts of Native American people in their communities
- Develop prayer initiatives
- Start 7 new Native churches by 2020
- Start a Native ministry in Canada
- Target Cities to establish Native churches - Lawrence, KS; Rapid City, SD; Phoenix, AZ; Rio Rancho, NM; Anchorage, AK; Great Falls, MT; Albuquerque,NM; Winnipeg, MB
- Provide training and discipleship - promote DCPI training
- Provide a National Native American Conference (NNAC) - Fall 2014
- National Native American DCPI training - Spring 2015
- Establish relationships with districts where Native work is present
- Establish Native American mission endeavors
- Promote Native American Ministries USA/Canada
To order at Gospel Tracts in English or additional languages contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southwest Native American District Assembly 2008
SNAD NYI Blog
Wesleyan Holiness Library
Multicutural Ministries - USA/Canada Region's 5 Strategic Priorities