Welcome to the USA/Canada Region's Prayer Room. We hope you'll stay for a while and pray about these requests for the Church of the Nazarene in the USA and Canada!
The California fires are an urgent prayer need in the United States right now. Pray for Oroville, Hope Point, and Chico Churches of the Nazarene as they continue to minister to those who were victim to the Camp Fire. See https://ps.ncm.org/project/acm1187 to learn about Nazarene disaster aid.
A big prayer request right now is for our M19 conference in February in Kansas City. Please pray that the word will spread among the churches and that the staff and laity will turn out for this event in droves. It highlights reaching people for Jesus, so it's an exciting conference. For more information see: M19conference.org
With the advent of Thanksgiving in the USA and Canada, many churches collect a Thank offering. Please pray that God's people will give as He directs them, even in faith, so that the ministry may continue.
Praise notes for the USA/Canada Region from Carol and Dr. Bob Broadbooks:
GIVE THANKS FOR:
1. The nearly 48,000 new believers through the ministry of our 5,126 churches.
2. Many men, women and children being called to prayer.
3. The growing number of new churches started in the USA and Canada.
4. The thousands of Local Licensed and District Licensed Ministers as they continue the process of preparation and formation towards Ordination.
5. The 10 new District Superintendents and their spouses who were appointed or elected in the last year.
6. The many college students who are graduating with double degrees in Religion and other professions, with hearts that desire to be involved in the bi-vocational ministry.
7. The generosity of the Nazarenes who give toward the Nazarene Compassion Ministries disaster fund.
8. The 37 reported districts that have over paid (the final count will not be known until December) the World Evangelism Fund because they believe in our mission of making Christlike disciples in the nations.
9. More and more churches that have discovered effective ways of reaching into their communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
10. The rediscovery of our holy compassion that thrusts us into the city streets.
11. The protection of our General Superintendents, District Superintendents and their spouses as they travel throughout the country and the world.
12. For the presence of the Lord that was powerfully evident at the men's prayer conference at Olivet. Dr. Curt Lewis writes, “God met us at the Restoration Men’s Conference. Your prayers were answered.”
The Nazarene Compassionate Ministries USA/Canada Urban Summit went well. Please pray for those who ware leading ministry in urban settings and the special challenges they face!
We are thankful for several Multicultural Ministry conferences that have happened recently. Please pray for the leaders and laity in these ministries as they seek to lead certain people groups to Christ and spiritual growth. If you'd like to pray for the specific groups, go to http://www.usacanadaregion.org/ministries/multicultural-ministries and pray through the sidebar that lists them.
July 2019 isn't really that far away. That's when thousands of teens will converge on Phoenix, Arizona, for the Nazarene Youth Conference (NYC). Please pray that even now, churches will be able to encourage students to go, and please pray that the Lord will provide the finances for these students to attend.
Praise and Prayer
This month we're thanking the Lord for ten years of denominational leadership in the Global Ministry Center. We are thankful for this beautiful building where administrative staffs for the ministries on the field can meet and support ministries. The ministries that have administration at the Global Ministry center are: USA/Canada Regional Office, Nazarene Youth International (NYI), Sunday School & Discipleship Ministries Internation (SDMI), Global Missions, Nazarene Missions International, Pensions & Benefits, Nazarene Foundation, Information Technology, Nazarene Communications, Holiness Today, General Secretary's Office, General Superintendent's Office, Global Clergy Education, Nazarene Research, and Nazarene Bible College. Thank you for praying for the people who serve the Church through these areas.
If you have a prayer need regarding your USA/Canada Church of the Nazarene district or church, that you'd like for us to consider listing, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to post prayer requests about individuals, and we may not be able to post all requests, but we welcome general requests.
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." (Ephesians 6:18)